Inline skating and public transport
Purpose and benefits
Demonstrate that inline skating combined with pubic transport may be the fastest way to move in the Helsinki region. And it has the additional benefit to keep you in shape!
Set your home and work adress and search for routes.
If the result set contains underlined instructions, you can click on them. A map and an elevation chart appear. Hover over the elevation chart to see the route on the map - the maximum detail of satellite imaginery is used. From the satellite images you can try to estimate whether the pavement is suitable for inline skating.
- HSL Reittiopas API v2 (JSON/HTTP): geocoding, routing, cycle routing
- Google Maps v3 API + Elevation Service + Visualization Service
- No direct link to hsljalki.fi :-(
- Tarmac-only routing is not possible with cycle routing api. :-(
- Funny results with routing...
(weighted parameters: mode_cost_1=2, mode_cost_2=1, mode_cost_3=2, mode_cost_4=2, mode_cost_5=2, mode_cost_6=1, mode_cost_7=1, mode_cost_8=3, mode_cost_12=0.1, mode_cost_21=5, mode_cost_22=3, mode_cost_23=5, mode_cost_24=5, mode_cost_25=3, mode_cost_36=2, mode_cost_39=2, change_margin=1, change_cost=15, wait_cost=1, walk_cost=0.75)
- Mobile google maps positioning and features???